A miserable X-mas eve.................


The miserable x-mas eve, I could not forget. It was a few years back while I was returning from my in-laws house. The road was flooded by the x-mas lights and gay, crowded with gaiety happy faces. In front of the St Peter`s church I saw a boy of eighteen who crossed the road with his bicycle, I could still remember the white woolen cap he wore, a school bag was loitering at his back. No one could heard anything except the high pitched jingles and music that night.The whole atmosphere was electrifying. I sat on my motor bike and took delight to the whole things beside the road.
Suddenly a big bus like a Cornish ogre came into the place pushed the boy`s bicycle from behind, the boy along with his bicycle shaken out. Although the boy could manage its balance once again and the same time  the giant bus abruptly smote on him  for the finally. The boy fell down with his cycle. The driver of the bus was not pressed his brake for a while, perhaps he thought that the guy has already died, this fear compelled him to drove constantly. All the passers by shouted ‘run over…….run over.’ The poor boy smashed under the wheels but the bus pushed him in a very good speed for a quarter of a mile, the handle of the bicycle stuck on the bumper of the  bus and  fastened like a glue stick. A gruesome sparkling of fire came out  from his cycle like welding a iron rod or sharpening a knife in a sharpener grinder while it was rubbing the asphalt.
We discovered his body was laid in a pool of blood and his body became a mass of flesh near a speed breaker.
The x-mas eve was salted sobered to me and find no reasons for rejoice and  thereafter every x-mas evening makes me heavy hearten and pulled me back to rejoice.

Comments

  1. what a horrible story on a terrible road accident! It recalls the style of cycling of my kid who does it almost the same way on road. I am too afraid of it. I dont know what's waiting for my fate. I can only pray God to rescue him from such heartless driver and monster.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women of Christabel and La Belle Dame Sans Merci ......

Sophocles the great dramatist...

Homosexuality, the law, ethics and the Bible.............