A Mourny Evening

Few days ago we went for a outing to purchase some plants and saplings.It was only two to two and half hours drive from our house. My uncle led the way.  We reached in time and entered in a nursery where we saw different types of flower plants and indoor plants at opening of the nursery premises.
So far it was a very common view of its type. Now I have  to spent some word about my uncle. My uncle is such a person who almost spent his entire life in search of humanity. It doesn't mean that he is only humane, but more than that. His profound knowledge and vast wisdom promoted himself into a state of absolute tranquility and divinely placidity. The personality of a friendly philosopher who can guide every living organism.
At that time he discussed about the ancient science of Alchemist used in the Mayan and Inca civilisation. He was constantly walking while observed the plant and trees and described them, their scientific names, where they came from and also their use in day today's life.
Mean while we reached the rare est part of the garden, where the trees were little bit different from the other. They were gigantic in sizes as well as pre historic in shape. Uncle described they were ancient species of trees that never transformed, remain unchanged.
Then he was walking  in a very high speeds, to maintain the balance, almost I had to run with him. I awfully observed his inhalation and exhalation as quite abnormal and arrhythmic. He taught me about the mother nature, almost in style of recitation he told, ‘we are the same progeny of our first progenitor, there is no difference between the greens and us. So protect them and  protect yourselves from a dark, moist, smoggy ice-age. Our ancestor had handed down this responsibility to their predecessor and we also do the same over to your shoulder………….’
Suddenly he stooped on the garden floor and asked an old lady, ‘what happen Ma?  Why are you crying?  The grand old lady answered,  ‘what could I say son about my  misfortune, once this thirty acres garden was my heavenly husbands property, who died last year.' 'He was suffering from cancer for  the last five years.' ' We mortgaged the garden to a usury who was fortunately my husbands brother to treat his deadly disease.' ' The usury engulf every thing we had.' 'But I am not alone here, he (husband) left a mentally retard widow daughter and  a thalassemic unable dying  grandson of his daughter’s side.' ' If I had some money I could buy some food for my ill grandson.'
Uncle begun to cry and offered some money for help. The old lady denied and said 'we may be poor , but not a beggar.' ' Once we had fame and fortune, now we are penny less, only one things still we have in our possession  is the respect as our last belongings'. 'I have a good quality tree of guava, please buy it and help us.’ Uncle bought the plant and wiped his eyes.
We could not purchase a single plant after this and returned home with a heavy heart. …………….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women of Christabel and La Belle Dame Sans Merci ......

The story of my experiments with truth...................M. K. Gandhi.

Sophocles the great dramatist...